Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to redo my amended tax return on may 1st so it has been accepted may 1st how long do i wait for it to direct deposit in my bank account

I originally did this feb 15th it was accepted the 20th and I got a letter stating I made a mistake ok mistake taken care of. So do I still count from feb 26 or may 1st to receive my money and it's direct deposit
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I had to redo my amended tax return on may 1st so it has been accepted may 1st how long do i wait for it to direct deposit in my bank account

Do not expect quick results from amending. It can take four months or more for the IRS to process an amended return.  

You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

currently the iRS is saying 20 weeks

I had done the first one the 20th of February but I forgot to send something so I did it was accepted may1 so do I count from. May 1 or the 20th because wheres my amended return has not changed at all

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies