Solved: I had to pay $2500 this year 2017 for a balance due on my 2016 federal tax return. How do I include that on my 2017 tax returns?

I had to pay $2500 this year 2017 for a balance due on my 2016 federal tax return. How do I include that on my 2017 tax returns?

You do not enter that on your 2017 federal return.  Federal taxes you paid for a previous year are not deductible on your federal tax return.

There are six states that allow you to enter the federal tax you paid on your state return--Alabama, Iowa. Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, and Oregon.  If you are filing in one of these states watch for the deduction when you prepare your state return.

Is North Carolina not one of the states that allows for this deduction?

No