Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

drew-afd

I had to mail in my New York State taxes, how can I check their status to see if everything was approved? I am not receiving a refund, so cannot track them that way.

I was not able to E-File this year, and the money I owed was removed from my account by the state—but I have received no communication at all to know if everything is approved. How can I find out if my taxes are accepted and approved?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I had to mail in my New York State taxes, how can I check their status to see if everything was approved? I am not receiving a refund, so cannot track them that way.

The fact that your payment was debited from your bank account indicates that your New York State return was accepted.  As for being approved, with tax returns it's a "no news is good news" situation.  As long as you don't receive a letter from them, everything OK.  If there was a problem with your return, you would have been notified right away.  That said, the states and IRS match information with each other and with what is reported by employers, brokers, banks, etc. and taxpayer returns.  It can sometimes take months or even a year or two for a discrepancy to be identified.  But like I said, no news is good news.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

The fact that your payment was debited from your bank account indicates that your New York State return was accepted.  As for being approved, with tax returns it's a "no news is good news" situation.  As long as you don't receive a letter from them, everything OK.  If there was a problem with your return, you would have been notified right away.  That said, the states and IRS match information with each other and with what is reported by employers, brokers, banks, etc. and taxpayer returns.  It can sometimes take months or even a year or two for a discrepancy to be identified.  But like I said, no news is good news.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies