southern1va

I had to amend my document. I just want to make sure that i didnt accidentally hit the EFILE button on the initial document(preamended)

JessicaG

If you have not yet filed your tax returns, then you do not need to file an amended return.  You can go back through your returns and make any changes necessary before filing.  You would only amend your tax returns after you have filed your returns and there were accepted by the IRS - and preferably, after you have received any refund you were due by the IRS.

There is a 3 step process to file your tax returns. 

• Step 1 is to view your order information, and choose your method of payment for any fees you may owe TurboTax. 
  • Step 2 is to choose how you want to receive your refund, or how you want to pay any taxes due. 
  • Step 3 is where you will sign acknowledgements, agreements, and accept terms and conditions.  You will also be given the option to download/print your returns before you file. 
  • Your returns will not be filed until you click on the orange Transmit My Returns button on the last page.  There will be an animation of papers being sorted and placed in an envelope, and the envelope flying through the air.

JessicaG