Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo stated IRS accepted my return on the 1st of February, however, as of today, the IRS is claiming that they have not received it. Anyone else run into this?

Thats great news
jndstone

Turbo stated IRS accepted my return on the 1st of February, however, as of today, the IRS is claiming that they have not received it. Anyone else run into this?

I got through to someone with the IRS this afternoon and got nowhere. But within a half hour it showed up as being processed on wmr! Woohoo
tjsmom320

Good for you! Did they ask you your info (social etc?) they didn’t ask me any info!
sherionh

Was told we were accepted on 31 and as of today still not info in wmr, anyone able to get a straight awnser as to what’s going on??

I have to say that I was experiencing the same issue and the main reason for that is because I was putting the incorrect amount for the refund guys make sure that you are paying attention to the amount specified on your refund so I like the answer to someone else gave. Make sure you are giving the amount of your federal refund only not the total amount shown on TurboTax. If you have done those things and you’re still experiencing issues then of course you would need to reach out to TurboTax if you already reached out to IRS but I noticed that my issue was that I kept putting the amount shown on my turbo tax refund altogether instead of specifying the amount that I got for my federal return before TurboTax fees. I hope this helps

I had the same issue until I realized I was entering the State and Federal return amount. I checked again and only entered the Federal return amount and found that it was received but not yet accepted. I filed on 1/27/18 so hopefully I do not have to wait  beyond the 21days.

I had the same issue until I realized I was entering the State and Federal return amount. I checked again and only entered the Federal return amount and found that it was received but not yet accepted. I filed on 1/27/18 so hopefully I do not have to wait  beyond the 21days.

Yes I recieved the same message this morning, I’ve been worried all day. Mines were accepted on February 2nd. Then went to the path message, now it just saying

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.
espy06

^^^ same problem! Said mine were accepted Jan 22nd and this is showing up on WMR

I had the same problem. I submitted feb 18 and its now feb 22 and irs still hasn't accepted. I had to use the paid version and ended up paying $140 to turbo tax so it's not that they're doing it for only the free version.

If you efiled, what do you see when you double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed it was accepted, and it's been longer than 24 hours since acceptance, then it should show up in the IRS WMR tool here..  If you try before 24 hours after acceptance, it may not show up.
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Be sure you are entering just the Federal refund amount, and not including any State refund.  

And be sure you are using the actual Federal refund amount without regard to any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

View/print your return and look at the actual refund amount showing:

If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 76a.
    If you filed a Form 1040A, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 48a.
    If you filed a Form 1040EZ, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

Otherwise, you'll need to phone the IRS to see if they can look it up another way.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

Filed our taxes on Jan 19 according to Turbo tax was accepted Jan 22 but per irs nothing was accepted till Jan 29. Was told they shoe nothing filed at the irs I ask what I should do she told me to call back later today because system was acting up ( i know when I call back I will be on hold FOREVER). I ask what we need to do if when I call back and they still show nothing she said that I would have to refile. How?

I've never heard of that.  Wait and see what they tell you to do.   If they say nothing was filed, how did they know that they show it was accepted on January 29?  Apparently they found "something", or how would they come up with that acceptance date?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies