Solved: I finished my federal return and submitted it, but my MA state return just says "Started," and I have no way of submitting it apparently. What's going on?

I finished my federal return and submitted it, but my MA state return just says "Started," and I have no way of submitting it apparently. What's going on?

You are unable to complete your state return because the IRS will not begin accepting returns until January 29, 2018. The State return cannot be e-filed until your Federal return has been accepted.

If you have already e-filed your federal return, you'll have to wait until your e-file is accepted in order to proceed with the state return.

Once your federal return is accepted, you will need to return to the TurboTax program and file your state tax return. 

When you come back to complete your state return, the following steps in the FAQ below will allow you to file.