Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed yesterday 1/18/2018. I got accepted today. How is that possible if the irs doesn't open until 01/29/2018?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed yesterday 1/18/2018. I got accepted today. How is that possible if the irs doesn't open until 01/29/2018?

The return was pulled in an early test batch & is accepted by the IRS for processing...however processing will not start until 1/29 or 2/15 if you have EIC or ACTC on your return...these are not the same things. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The return was pulled in an early test batch & is accepted by the IRS for processing...however processing will not start until 1/29 or 2/15 if you have EIC or ACTC on your return...these are not the same things. 
brianl04

Mine was accepted today jan 22

I just tried e-filing my taxes a few minutes ago and it tell me it couldn't be transmitted until January 29th, 2018 because the electronic filing system is closed for the season. So come mine can't be filed?

OHHHH ... you early filers slay me ...

OK ... here is the scoop ... NOT one tax company sends anything to the IRS. Once you submit your return it is put into a holding "pool" on a server that the IRS has complete control over the returns.   When the IRS chooses to "drain" the pooled returns they do so at their own discretion and time table ...  they always  pull a few returns from each pool to test their system. These test returns may have been accepted for PROCESSING however the actual processing of the returns will not start before the 29th and if the return has EIC or ACTC on it those will not start processing until 2/15. And due to the government shut down the time table could be pushed back even further.

The only status you can have on WMR? is that is was accepted for processing and nothing more. Filing early will not get the return processed any sooner.

I filed my 2017 taxes on 1/22/18. I believe was on weekend, got accepted that Mon., a week from today. Checked this morning, the 29th and IRS site says “processed “ and should be funded to my account on 5th. However that is w/o child tax credit or EIC. I was amazed!

Yes, the IRS was able to get thing moving ahead of schedule.
kenson23

I hope we get a date soon
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies