turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vergimiver
Returning Member

I filed US taxes with TurboTax, chose a paper check due to no US account, & my refund was approved. I'm in Turkey; how can I track the check delivery? No courier info giv

Hello, I need assistance with receiving my tax refund from the United States. I used TurboTax to file my tax return, but since I don't have an active bank account in the U.S., I had to choose to receive my refund as a paper check. After completing the form, my tax refund was approved. On the IRS website, when I click "Where's My Refund," it states that my refund was mailed on April 28th. However, I am currently residing in Turkey and there is no information available regarding which courier service was used to send the check or any tracking number to track the shipment. How can I find this information?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I filed US taxes with TurboTax, chose a paper check due to no US account, & my refund was approved. I'm in Turkey; how can I track the check delivery? No courier info giv

The IRS uses the US Post Office to mail refund checks.  There is no tracking service on a mailed federal tax refund check.

vergimiver
Returning Member

Is there no way to track it at all? If it arrives and no one is home, how can I find out about it?

Sorry, there is no way to track the refund.  If you are not at home will not the postal service in your country leave it in your mailbox or through a postal slot in the front door at your home?

vergimiver
Returning Member

There is no mailbox in front of house in Turkey lol

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies