Solved: I filed on feb.2nd and everything was accepted feb.2nd but within the past day it has said my refund cannot be issued until mid to late feb.does that mean i have to wait til then or can it come earlie

edwinvcreyes

I filed on feb.2nd and everything was accepted feb.2nd but within the past day it has said my refund cannot be issued until mid to late feb.does that mean i have to wait til then or can it come earlie

From the IRS:

“The IRS reminds taxpayers that, by law, the IRS cannot issue refunds claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) before mid-February. While the IRS will process those returns when received, it cannot issue related refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2018, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return. “

From the IRS: