turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dude_1983

I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax and submitted my direct deposit on my return. Will I get the stimulus payment direct desposited?

I just reviewed my 2019 Tax Return form and I did get the IRS my direct deposit information when I filed through TurboTax. Our refund was distributed by the Santa Barbara Tax Group. I checked their website and they will not have anything to do with the deposit of the Stimulus payment. Since I provided that info to TurboTax who then provided it to the IRS when I filed by in February, should I or should I not get the stimulus payment direct deposited in my bank account? I'm not exactly clear on that. Please help me. Thanks. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax and submitted my direct deposit on my return. Will I get the stimulus payment direct desposited?

As stated on the SBTPG website, you should receive your stimulus payment by check.

However, in the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see this IRS document.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I submitted my bank info with TURBOTAX with the understanding that the free service TT offered would take care of passing that info in to the IRS. Im concerned and confused when i read that i need to go to a portal and submit my bank info. What the hell?

DAH94
Returning Member

I think the original replier is confused. From my understanding, if you filed electronically and requested a DD for the stimulus payment, all that info should have been transmitted when TurboTax submitted your return. Since the IRS are the ones sending you the stimulus, and they have it already it should go there. The only possible issue I see, is if you did use a refund advance loan, I'm not sure how that would affect it. I'm under the impression though, as long as you did submit YOUR DD info with the original e-return you should be all set.

Filing with TurboTax was a mistake, it seems.

I just looked back at my return I used the Free File tool for.

This was just for the $1,200 check as a non-filer, before the IRS setup it's Non-Filer page. (I did this through TurboTax on April 6th and it was accepted.)

Only looking at the return now, TurboTax did NOT include my direct deposit info anywhere I can see on the return. Which leads me to believe I'm going to get screwed off into a check instead of Direct Deposit, because I trusted TurboTax.

Go to your TurboTax and look at the Download/Print Return to see it as a PDF file. I scanned every line.

Not one piece of Direct Deposit info was on this.

So those who have filed like this, I imagine we have to wait until we are processed and the Get My Payment site works for us, and re-enter our Direct Deposit info directly to the IRS.

Lesson Learned: Don't trust TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies