brockhans15

I filed my taxes prematurely. Can I amend them now or do I have to wait until next year?

bluedeb

You will now have to wait to amend your return.  Once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back, cancel it, or make any changes to it. 

You will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

Also, the Federal amended return (1040X), will not be available until around Feb. 28th (subject to change).

bluedeb