Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes on January 20 the wheres my refund it says they recieved it as of yesterday how long till its approved?

Does eic effect the length of time it takes to accept
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I filed my taxes on January 20 the wheres my refund it says they recieved it as of yesterday how long till its approved?

The IRS usually issues refunds within 3 weeks of the acceptance of your e-filed tax return.

However, the IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 28, 2023, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

This concerns only returns claiming the Earned income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Additional Child Tax credit (ACTC), but not those only claiming the Child Tax Credit (CTC).

Please read this IRS document for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes it does ... all returns with EIC or ACTC on them based on a child will not start processing until mid Feb so don't expect the refund until early March.

Otherwise the average processing time is 21 days from acceptance. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies