Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes February 15th and still have not received it when will you think I'll get it back

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

I filed my taxes February 15th and still have not received it when will you think I'll get it back

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Your federal refund can take longer than 21 days to process for the following reasons:

IRS representatives can only research your refund if it’s been at least 21 days since you e-filed, at least 6 weeks since you mailed your return, or if their Where’s My Refund? lookup tool tells you to contact them.

If Where's My Refund? says your return has been received but your refund has not yet been approved, that means the IRS has your return and is actively working on it. If the status is “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your financial institution for direct deposit. It can take 1 to 5 days for your financial institution to deposit funds into your account. If you requested that your tax refund be mailed, it could take several weeks for your check to arrive.

Please see below for more details.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MollsBBU

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Your federal refund can take longer than 21 days to process for the following reasons:

IRS representatives can only research your refund if it’s been at least 21 days since you e-filed, at least 6 weeks since you mailed your return, or if their Where’s My Refund? lookup tool tells you to contact them.

If Where's My Refund? says your return has been received but your refund has not yet been approved, that means the IRS has your return and is actively working on it. If the status is “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your financial institution for direct deposit. It can take 1 to 5 days for your financial institution to deposit funds into your account. If you requested that your tax refund be mailed, it could take several weeks for your check to arrive.

Please see below for more details.

I file my taxes on February 15 2022 and I haven’t received it yet 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

IRS aims to get pay out refunds within 21 days of your tax return being accepted @Gibbskaren. Mailed returns can take much longer.

Your return will also be delayed if you put down the wrong stimulus or advance child tax credit amount.

IRS says its taking up to 90 to 120 days to issue refunds for tax returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit, 

Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit.

You don’t say whether you e-filed or mailed your return or whether you received any IRS notices.

You can check the status of your refund at Where’s My Refund?

IRS can research the status of your refund if it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted and you still have not gotten your money. Call 1-800-829-1040. Be aware. The phone lines are backed up. The IRS opens at 7AM local time in every time zone. The earlier you call, the better your chance of speaking with someone.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies