temmerick88

I filed my taxes before the unemployment tax break I did claim EIC And the ACTC do I need to amend my return if more ACTC is owed to me?

I know they say they’re going to do it automatically and amend our return for the unemployment tax break I married filing jointly so I just want to know if I’m going to have to do an additional amending Because I believe that the additional child tax credit goes up Because of my adjusted gross income will go down
rjs

If you claimed the EIC and ACTC on the tax return that you filed, you do not have to amend it. The IRS will recalculate the EIC and ACTC when they recalculate the unemployment income.

The only time it's necessary to amend because of the unemployment exclusion is if the reduction of your Adjusted Gross Income makes you eligible for a credit that you did not claim on the return that you filed. But that is not your situation.

rjs

Because you are married filing jointly, and claimed credits that are affected by the change in AGI, your tax return is one of the ones that are more complex to recalculate. Therefore you should not expect to get your refund until sometime in the summer.