I filed my taxes at the end of Feb and still have ...

twingate11

I filed my taxes at the end of Feb and still have not received my refund. The wheres my refund page said it was accepted, and now its processing. What is going on?

Cynthiad66

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

Please see below for more information on what accepted means:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

Per @ KatrinaLO

ronaldth12

Should I refile my taxes?

LenaH

No, do not file your taxes a second time. A lot of taxpayers are in the same situation as you due to the IRS backlog right now. Although The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, some returns take more time to review. In addition, the IRS is processing millions of returns, as well as stimulus checks, and they are doing everything they can to be as prompt as possible. 

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

@ronaldth12