Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mietake

I filed my tax return on March 5th, today is March 7th and it’s still pending. Other filed today, March 7th, got accepted within an hour. Should l get concerned?

Regarding pending status 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

I filed my tax return on March 5th, today is March 7th and it’s still pending. Other filed today, March 7th, got accepted within an hour. Should l get concerned?

No, you should not be concerned.  "Pending" means your return is on its way and in the queue waiting for the government to accept or reject.  Everybody's case is different.  The wait time varies.  Due to the January Government shutdown and existing tax code changes, the process has been very slow.  IRS is trying to process and approve as quickly as they can but it is not moving as fast as we wish.   

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

No, you should not be concerned.  "Pending" means your return is on its way and in the queue waiting for the government to accept or reject.  Everybody's case is different.  The wait time varies.  Due to the January Government shutdown and existing tax code changes, the process has been very slow.  IRS is trying to process and approve as quickly as they can but it is not moving as fast as we wish.   

energy98

my taxes was sent march 7th and my taxes is still pending today march 10th an

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@energy98 The same information provided above applies in your case; in addition to that, there are various other reasons that contribute to longer processing time for specific tax situations. The following FAQ provides further details: Why do some returns take longer than others?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies