Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2022 Tax Return via Mail this year because I was not able to access the my 2021 tax return for 1 important info called the Adjusted Gross Income, I got a 3531 Form back from IRS, with Box 6 checked, what do I need to do next?

Your form 1040/A/EZ/SR is blank, illegible, missing or damaged and we can't process it. 

I have already submitted the 1040. So I don't know what's going on. Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed my 2022 Tax Return via Mail this year because I was not able to access the my 2021 tax return for 1 important info called the Adjusted Gross Income, I got a 3531 Form back from IRS, with Box 6 checked, what do I need to do next?

Well ... that line is pretty clear ... resend a signed copy of the return ... the 1040 + all attachments and make sure they are legible.   It is possible that the return was damaged in the mail or  part of the return wandered away from the rest of it ... please comply with the request asap as the return will not be processed until you do. 

1a.jpg

Thank you!! Yeah they marked 1, 6, 29 on the 3531. They should have just marked 1. Marking 6 made it more confusing. The rest of the 1040 looks intact and good. I mailed it in a nice thick brown envolope. So should I just reprint the first page of the 1040 and resign it? Or do I need to reprint everything? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies