Solved: I filed my 2020 return, but I just realized I forg...

I filed my 2020 return, but I just realized I forgot to report some self-employment income. It was already accepted. Can I amend it?

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, a 1099G, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is “pending.”  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return. 

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and e-file or mail  it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X.

Meanwhile, DO NOT go in and start changing anything on your return in the system, or you will make a mess for yourself.  Sit tight and wait until you see what the IRS does with the return you just e-filed

Not right now.  The amended return will not be available until 3/25/21 (subject to change).  The IRS suggests you wait until your original return has been fully processed (refund received or payment deducted) before you amend.  The IRS does catch some errors, if they do they will send you a letter.