Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2019 tax return and never received the money, even though I had confirmation that it was accepted. How do I find out what happened? how do I get my money?

This was in the height of covid and customer service sucked. Turbo tax said to talk to IRS - IRS  said no one could talk to me, It was about $1500 and I never got it, would be super helpful to have now especially since covid has calmed down and 2 seems to be more accessible help around-
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed my 2019 tax return and never received the money, even though I had confirmation that it was accepted. How do I find out what happened? how do I get my money?

A 2019 refund?   You will have to call the IRS.  TurboTax gets no information from the IRS after you file your tax return.  The IRS refund site does not show information for 2019 any more.  It only shows 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Do you have a copy of the return so you can tell them the amount of the refund?

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies