Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed as a non-filer by accident to receive my stimulus. I then paper filed my 2019 taxes late in November and still have yet to receive a refund. How should I proceed?

My wife did the same thing and owed and had her money taken almost immediately and is all squared away. I did the same thing with state and I had received my refund. But still no luck on the federal. Tracking my refund on the IRS website is a ***** end.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

I filed as a non-filer by accident to receive my stimulus. I then paper filed my 2019 taxes late in November and still have yet to receive a refund. How should I proceed?

Your next step if you haven't already done so is to file your 2020 tax return.  The filing deadline is 17 May unless you request an extension.  That 2020 e-filed return will most likely process before your paper filed 2019 as the IRS has not processed many paper filed 2019 returns. 

As you might surmise the difference between yours and your spouse's is she owed, so the money was taken and you indicate a refund...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies