Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stevesun
Returning Member

I filed a 2023 tax extension prior to amending my 2021 tax return. How to update my current 2023 tax file after amending an older return on TurboTax desktop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed a 2023 tax extension prior to amending my 2021 tax return. How to update my current 2023 tax file after amending an older return on TurboTax desktop?

What effect do you believe amending your 2021 return will have on your 2023 tax return?  What did you change?  And what about your 2022 tax return?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
stevesun
Returning Member

I am filing both an amended 2021 and 2022 return (1040-X) because I didn't disclose my losses on K-1s for both years. 

I am afraid that when I file my 2023 returns (1040) before my time extension runs out, information from 2021 and 2022 (such as my losses carried over) may not be carried over into 2023 on Turbo Tax Desktop software (with new information that needs to imported from my amended 2021 and 2022 returns). 

Note that I am using TurboTax Desktop software and NOT Turbo Tax Online.

I hope I don't need to delete my current 2023 turbo tax file created prior to finalizing my 2021 and 2022 amended returns; and create a "new 2023 turbo tax file" by RE-IMPORTING the new 2021 and 2022 amended Turbo Tax files.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies