Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maritza2

How many people with the Path Message have ordered both transcripts and then recieved a letter for ID verification.

Several people I know have been able to order both transcripts and have the Path message but in the past few days have recieved letters requesting ID, birth certificates W2S SSN (cards) and /or letters of review...   The only problem is that even if you provide everything they need they then say okay your approved but now it'll take up to 9 weeks for your refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies
msb12508

How many people with the Path Message have ordered both transcripts and then recieved a letter for ID verification.

i filed 1/26 then updated to PATH message that saturday and was able to order account and return transcripts. before it didn't recognize my new address. i received the transcripts through the mail and no IRS letters for me. I've read on other forums a ton of people got these letters and also others like audit or review notices. i doubt ordering transcripts has anything to do with IRS notices though.

Maritza2

I did find out that your Account Transcript updates as the irs processes our returns...so a code will show on the account Transcript if and when any holds or freezes occur including one for ID verification

I have ordered transcripts for 7 years and it has worked every year. I might be one of the lucky ones but I say don't fear ordering transcripts. The IRS is just taking extra steps and you or I might be the unfortunate one. Last year I recall reading so many stories about the ID verification and how it occurred to so many people. Transcripts have helped me so much.
Maritza2

Me too. I like to follow what's going on with my irs file lol
annat2017

I called today and I was told I have a letter coming as well now nothing changed on my return I have to wait the 14 days for the letter to come
Maritza2

Have you noticed any codes on your account Transcript
annat2017

I can only get them by mail I called the IRS today and was told
Maritza2

I heard on another forum that close to 50% of taxpayers are getting the letters.   Seems like delaying tactics
Maritza2

When did you file. If you don't mind me asking @annat2017
annat2017

I ordered my transcripts and it had all good codes none stating a letter called today rep asked did I receive a letter I said no then she said oh it just showed up today so I will re send it doesn't make sense why would they have to re send something that just showed up today
annat2017

1/26/17 on transcripts cycle code 20170405 and processing date 2/13/17 ordered on 2/1/17
Maritza2

Geez. They don't even offer the online id verify anymore. So from 1/26 they didn't figure out you need to verify until today?  I swear they are finding every way possible to delay refunds
annat2017

I swear my mind is stressing out over this I feel the rep was wrong I should have got a letter or at least a code on my transcripts before today with everything I have learned
Maritza2

That is the most detailed and clear description of account and return transcripts I have ever seen

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://test.refundtalk.com/2017-tax-transcript-cycle-code-chart/">http://test.refundtalk.com/2017-ta...>

You should check it out it may help clear up some things for you it sure did for me it is the purest and most precise Explanation of every code and every day on the transcripts
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies