Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MW210

I Efiled but it is still requiring me to mail my tax forms to the IRS

Though I chose to pay by check, which I am going to pay directly to the IRS with their online option, Turbo Tax is telling me I still have to mail-in my forms.  It states my return is not complete without it. No explanation given.

Does anyone know why?  I've never had to do this in the past and its somewhat frustrating after paying $$$ to E-file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I Efiled but it is still requiring me to mail my tax forms to the IRS

When you indicate you will pay by check, the software may insist you print it out because the 1040-V tax payment voucher to be mailed in with your payment....But it doesn't know you are going to actually use the IRS DirectPay site instead....so you can ignore that as long as your e-file comes back indicating it was "Accepted".

Still, you should make sure you save a PDF of everything on your own computer, and back it up on a USB flash drive.  People beg for access to old files all the time, when it's too late to get the forms, or their computers crashed without a backup.

(I keep printed copies, every year) in file folders, and PDF copies on USB flash drives in my Bank Safe Deposit box, and I've still dug thru some paper files older than 10years a couple times already this tax season)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies