Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jamilayou

I e-filed my return, accepted.. TT left out my uploaded 1099-B. I mailed a paper copy to the IRS w/ Form 8453.USPS lost it. Should I amend my return or mail again?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I e-filed my return, accepted.. TT left out my uploaded 1099-B. I mailed a paper copy to the IRS w/ Form 8453.USPS lost it. Should I amend my return or mail again?

No amendment needed if you just had to send the 1099-B as a supporting document to the uploaded broker sales on the form 8949.  You can mail in another copy of the 1099-B with another 8453 if you wish or just wait and see if the IRS ever asks for it in the future. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Since the IRS received the return without the 1099-B, you must amend to include it .

No amendment needed if you just had to send the 1099-B as a supporting document to the uploaded broker sales on the form 8949.  You can mail in another copy of the 1099-B with another 8453 if you wish or just wait and see if the IRS ever asks for it in the future. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies