Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

steve132

I E-filed in Feb with Turbo. my bank wants copy of the 1040 with Signatures. How do I get copy of e-signature filing from my Turbo tax account to send to the bank?

This Awful!!!  No answers , just AI B.S.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I E-filed in Feb with Turbo. my bank wants copy of the 1040 with Signatures. How do I get copy of e-signature filing from my Turbo tax account to send to the bank?

@ steve132  wrote:   "I E-filed in Feb with Turbo. my bank wants copy of the 1040 with Signatures. How do I get copy of e-signature filing from my Turbo tax account to send to the bank?"

If the bank wants a hard copy of your return with an actual signature, you can print out the return and manually sign your name in the signature section.

As for proof of efiling, you can also download the return with all the worksheets.  One of the pages you can print is called "Electronic Postmark" which will show when you efiled, and when it was accepted.   To get the larger PDF with all the worksheets, here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

@ steve132

ADDENDUM:

The PDF with the worksheets is a large file with many pages in addition to your return.   The bank does not need all those extra worksheet pages which are for your records, not the bank.   If the bank wants proof of efiling, you can select and print the page called "Electronic Postmark" and attach it to your basic return that you provide to the bank.

NOTE:   I don't know how you are providing the info to the bank, but be aware it is not safe to email an unprotected tax return file in regular email, which is not a secure method of transmission.  Tax return files have way too much sensitive info, including much of your personal ID info as well as possibly bank account numbers, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies