Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I do not see the Oregon State Kicker on my 2023 return nor did it happen on my 2022 return. Any advice??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I do not see the Oregon State Kicker on my 2023 return nor did it happen on my 2022 return. Any advice??

You can claim it on your return this year if you are eligible. Select your state returns in your program. Navigate through the return and you will come to a screen with the heading Here's the income that Oregon handles differently. 

The very next screen will begin the interview questions to see if you are eligible for the kicker credit. This is going to ask you questions about your 2022 Oregon return to see if you are eligible for the credit. If you are eligible for the credit, Turbo Tax will determine the amount of credit you are eligible for.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Very helpful....thank you! I see my kicker now but it still doesn't show on my return. Is it mailed separately or do I need to do something else??

BillM223
Expert Alumni

So you do not see your kicker amount on line 38 on your OR-40?

I do see it on line 38 but it does not show as part of the refund. Thank you!!!

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

If the amount is on line 38 and therefore part of the total credits on line 40, then if line 31 (OR tax) is less than line 40 you get the difference refunded.  That would mean the "kicker" is included in your OR refund. 

Got it! Thank you!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies