turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DanieGirl2
Returning Member

I do not have EITC or ACTC, Will my refund still be delayed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnaB

No, at least not due to the new legislation in effect for this year that delays refunds containing those two credits to not be released until 2/15/2017; however, there are other possible reasons for delay.  Last year, the IRS could release refunds for at least 8 out of 10 returns within 21 days of acceptance.

Note: Acceptance should not be considered to have taken place until the day the IRS was officially open for business this tax season which was 1/23/2017.  There is the potential to be in a test batch, but that isn't guaranteed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnaB

No, at least not due to the new legislation in effect for this year that delays refunds containing those two credits to not be released until 2/15/2017; however, there are other possible reasons for delay.  Last year, the IRS could release refunds for at least 8 out of 10 returns within 21 days of acceptance.

Note: Acceptance should not be considered to have taken place until the day the IRS was officially open for business this tax season which was 1/23/2017.  There is the potential to be in a test batch, but that isn't guaranteed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies