turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes and received return not on turbo tax. Was directed here for updating direct deposit for stimulus and it said it sent info to its.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I did my taxes and received return not on turbo tax. Was directed here for updating direct deposit for stimulus and it said it sent info to its.

To update a bank account that has changed from the account you used to file your tax return, you must wait until the IRS opens an online portal for entering that information directly with the IRS. Here is a link to track the status of the portal. It is expected to be up on the IRS web site soon: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Tyshay247

From my understanding that was what the turbo portal was for..i had no idea that the irs was setting up a seperate portal i thought it was linked with turbo so none of my info that i changed on turbo portal went to irs..therefore the irs had deposited my stimulus on my old account..i dnt knw wht to do now

The TurboTax portal did not have a way to change direct deposit information on a tax return that had already been filed. If was for registering for those who didn't need to file. You can try going online to the portal and entering your current direct deposit information: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If that doesn't work and the bank refused your direct deposit because the information was no longer correct, the IRS will probably issue a paper check just as they do with tax refunds that can't be deposited.

You may also get a letter in 15 days that will give you a way to do something. We have no idea exactly what the letters will say. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies