Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

logan320

I did a 1040 2018 federal return, then an employer sent a W-2 late - so I had to file a 1040X and now owe $1035? I was wondering if someone could review with new amount

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I did a 1040 2018 federal return, then an employer sent a W-2 late - so I had to file a 1040X and now owe $1035? I was wondering if someone could review with new amount

You have 3 years to file that amendment, but the interest will start accruing from the day you filed your 2018 tax return.  So, you may wish to pay the balance now in case it is correct to avoid any interest.  If the amount is wrong, you will be refunded any overpayment.   How do I file an IRS extension (Form 4868) in TurboTax Online?

You can upgrade to TurboTax Live and have a tax expert review your tax return, but you won't be able to schedule the review until later as everything is booked through April 15th.   Here is a link to the IRS' s payments website and I will leave the TurboTax Live options below.    IRS - Make a Payment  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419943

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies