lavham1972

I completed my taxes early and Turbo tax says it was accepted on 1/22/19. However, turbo tax says my return was transmitted to irs on 1/28. IRS says returned received?

EbonyL

What you are seeing is normal. The IRS officially began accepting and processing tax returns on January 28th. The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days of acceptance after the 28th of January. The IRS is currently processing and refunding returns as fast as they can.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days of acceptance after the 28th of January. The IRS is currently processing and refunding returns as fast as they can.

Note: The accepted status in TurboTax will remain the same from here on out, since we no longer deal with the return once the state or IRS receives them. 

EbonyL