Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I completed and e-filed my Colorado tax return, but CO didn't start accepting returns until 2/12. It said wait 24-48 hours, but mine is still in "pending" status. Why?

CO return was completed and submitted on 1/31-it should have been in que for acceptance when CO started accepting returns.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

I completed and e-filed my Colorado tax return, but CO didn't start accepting returns until 2/12. It said wait 24-48 hours, but mine is still in "pending" status. Why?

Colorado has advised taxpayers to give 2 weeks from the 12th before they start checking the status of their refund.  They have a backlog due to so many people filing returns prior to them being prepared to accept the returns.  Colorado State Tax Return Delay 

Basically, this means that TurboTax, along with every other Tax software company, put every one's CO return in the "electronic mailbox"  CO was not totally ready and so the "mailbox" is clogged up because they had over a months worth of "mail" in their box waiting for them that came in all at the same time from probably half of the 2.5 million people who file returns in CO through different tax software programs.  So, they keep having to unjam the "electronic mailbox" before they can accept more.  When TurboTax shows it as Pending, it does means, it has been sent to that electronic mailbox and then it is just waiting for the state to "sort through their mail".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies