Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I click recovery credit rebate on accident so I amend it but I got charged 1400 and I only received 800 for my refund. Original return was 2k, how do I get my money back?

The 1400 withdraw was supposed to cover for 2k if I received 2k but they gave me 800 instead of 2k so what do I do now?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

I click recovery credit rebate on accident so I amend it but I got charged 1400 and I only received 800 for my refund. Original return was 2k, how do I get my money back?

When you filed the amended return you told them that you had received your full refund and that they should take back the extra $1400 that they gave you.  You shouldn't have amended until after you received your refund.

You'll have to call them.  Have your original 2021 return and the amendment in front of you when you call.  Just be aware that they are heavily understaffed and backlogged.  They’re not easy to get a hold of.  Call first thing in the morning and prepare to be on hold for a long time.  This is the link to use to get ahold of them.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@nguyenvy201- 

There is no reason to call the IRS.

If IRS adjusted your 1040, but you submitted a 1040-X about it also,

IRS will now have to adjust your 1040-X also.

IRS has a big backlog of amended tax returns to get through.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies