turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cihadyurt

I received W2c from my employer, when I amend it says "We don't detect any differences between you original 2018 return and your amended return" but it is not true.

I received W2c from my employer, when I amend it says "We don't detect any differences between you original 2018 return and your amended return" but it is not true.

In the W2c, section 16 (state wages, tips and etc) is around $6k less than the original. why the software doesn't detect the change?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Since your changes were not federal, the 1040 doesn't change; ignore the message for federal only.  To check your state:

Click State Taxes across the top.  Depending on the state, you'll be able to manually adjust your wages somewhere.

cihadyurt

I check everything in "State Taxes" but it only shows the tax return I received in 2018 with a document. Do I need to make a calculation with updated section 16 and figure out what is the new tax return for state? if so, why did I pay for turbotax? I don't know what to do now.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies