Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot amend my for ... it states... You're going to have to wait until the tax form for amending a return (Form 1040X) is ready for processing Why? I did get that far.

I never submitted my 2020 tax, and yet it will not let me amend! Why do I have to wait until 3/25 ? I never wanted to file. Turbo Tax, moved it to a completed state!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I cannot amend my for ... it states... You're going to have to wait until the tax form for amending a return (Form 1040X) is ready for processing Why? I did get that far.

You can only amend a tax return that you have already mailed or e-filed.   Have you already filed?   Or are you trying to?   

After signing in to their account on TurboTax.com, some customers are seeing a message telling them they’ve amended their return even if they haven’t done so.   The information in the Your tax returns & documents summary page may also be showing incorrect information regarding the amending of tax returns.     If this is your situation, sign up here to be notified when this is corrected.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the feedback. I have not filed, nor mailed. The application has put me in a state, as if I am done.

The application ( w/ the questions) moved me into a finished state; though, I am not.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies