HX1

I cannot access my previous years return through my turbo tax although I used turbotax 2015 software

Between last year's return and this year's,  my computer lost its hard drive and had to be rebuilt.  I did re-load the software but I cannot access my return.

Ugh.  If you used desktop software for last year's return, it was only stored on that hard drive.  Returns prepared using downloaded software or from a CD are only on your own computer, or on a flash drive you used for back up, etc.  They are not stored online with TurboTax.  If you did not print a copy or back up the return, it is gone.  You can get a transcript of the return from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript-faqs