ceedward87

I believe I forgot to enter something on my taxes and need to correct it how do I go about that

AkinaLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Did you already file your tax return? 

ceedward87

I didn't put my son on my taxes or that I'm head of house hold and yes I prest post

snegosky

Forgot a 1099-DIV  My return was filed 2/3/2021 using turbotax but it has not been sent to IRS. How can I replace Fed & state with an correct vopy

Thanks

Tom

AshleyLO

@ceedward87 You will need to wait until your return is accepted or rejected by the IRS before you can amend it. Here's instructions on how to amend it: How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

@snegosky Once you've submitted your return, there is no way to edit it. You, too will need to amend your return once it is accepted or rejected by the IRS. They will start processing returns on February 12th.