amyamy786

I answered yes to the virtual currency question(by mistake),i do not have any. My tax return was accepted. will i receive the return or have to amend?

MarilynG1

No, you will not have to Amend Your Return.

If you said that you had virtual currency transactions (but did not enter any), it did not affect your return (or your refund).

Click this link for more info on Do I Need to Amend my Return?

amyamy786

@MarilynG1  Thank you for your

response. To add to the question I know you

Cannot tell me when I will get my return, but since I did not put any transactions but said yes to the question, do you think it will hold up my return? I filed before the irs even opened snd no return yet and I know many have gotten them. My return is a simple return 

gloriah5200

No, it should not affect your return that you said yes to TurboTax to include cryptocurrency to your return but did not enter any amounts because you did not actually have any.

You filed your return at a time that IRS was testing their systems and being swamped with returns to process at the beginning of the tax year.  IRS has been very busy getting e-file season off and running and is processing returns as quickly as they can,

Be patient.

They will notify you if they have questions.