Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my taxes on February 15 2024 and I still haven't gotten any of my return and nothing from the irs, I've called and tried online and get status unavailable

I amended my taxes in February 15 2024,my status with turbo tax still says printed,I've called the irs number that is for to check my status several times and it keeps saying it's unavailable as with the online check my status with the irs. Could I just try sending my 1044  again?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I amended my taxes on February 15 2024 and I still haven't gotten any of my return and nothing from the irs, I've called and tried online and get status unavailable

Do not expect quick results from amending. It can take five months or more for the IRS to process an amended return.  

You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Wait---I just re-read your question and noticed the date.  Your filing status says "printed?"   If it only says "Printed" then you did not e-file successfully. If you e-filed successfully it would say "accepted."    If you did not put that tax return in an envelope and mail it yourself, it was not filed at all.  Did you mail it?   And....you say you amended on 2-15.   That would have been too early to amend.  You are supposed to wait for your original return to be fully processed before you amend it.  And when you amend, you need to use a Form 1040X--which was not even available on February 15.

So...it sounds like you made some mistakes.  It might be hard for us here in the user forum to sort out what you really did.   Contact customer support for some help to see if anything you did here was actually sent to the IRS.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies