Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pjones813

I amended my tax return and sent them in waited 3 three weeks and checked the irs tracking tool says they dont have them and its been about a month and 2 weeks. Contact?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I amended my tax return and sent them in waited 3 three weeks and checked the irs tracking tool says they dont have them and its been about a month and 2 weeks. Contact?

Are you looking on the amended refund lookup?  Amended returns can only be mailed.  It can take them 16 weeks for the IRS to process them.  And they only mail checks for refunds.   After 3 weeks you can track it here,    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x-/wheres-my-amended-return-1">http...>

By "sent them in", I'll assume you printed, signed, and mailed the forms yourself.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

Normally when mailing things to the IRS or state tax agency, it's a good idea to use a method that has tracking such as certified return receipt, priority mail, etc.  Then you have proof of mailing as well as knowing if/when it was received.

ADDENDUM:  See VolvoGirl's comment and link posted above to be sure you are using the correct tracking tool at the IRS website.  The amended return tracking uses a different one than an original return.

If you still can't get info with that one, then you can phone the IRS to see if they can check another way to see if it shows on their system.  Here's how to reach a live agent.

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

• Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies