Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I amended my fed taxes (to add 1099-R form even though it didn't change my AGI) before my state return was accepted. Will that info be automatically updated for state?

I amended my federal taxes to add my 1099-R information (does not appear any amount was added to be included as taxable income though). However, this was before my state return was accepted, so did it actually update my state return as well? Just want to make sure I don't need to file to amend state return as well.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

I amended my fed taxes (to add 1099-R form even though it didn't change my AGI) before my state return was accepted. Will that info be automatically updated for state?

You should not have to amend your state return. Since your state return was not yet filed or completed the 1099-R should be part of the final state return when you submit it for e-file. You can print your return before you file to double check the figures.

Your amended return must be mailed and TurboTax will provide the address.  You can also check the link below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Clarification - before I amended my federal return, my state return had been filed (just not accepted by the state yet). Does this change things?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Yes, 

If the state accepts your return, you will have to amend it (please wait until the return is completely processed before sending the amendment).

If the state return is rejected for some reason, you can correct the filing error and the 1099-R at the same time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies