Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbuch2020

I amended and it's showing xxxxx where my checking account information is supposed to be, unlike the original where it has the numbers. Does that mean a paper check?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I amended and it's showing xxxxx where my checking account information is supposed to be, unlike the original where it has the numbers. Does that mean a paper check?

Are you referring to Lines 31 and 32 on the Form 1040-X which show the bank routing and account numbers for a direct deposit?  If so, those numbers will not be visible on the Form 1040-X until it has been e-filed and accepted by the IRS.  Assuming you are referring to amending a 2023 tax return.

mbuch2020

It was 2023. It's been accepted I have my 846 code but here the lines are showing all XXX still but wmr says it's being sent to my bank. I just want to know which I'm getting cuz I have to move for work soon and need to know where and how I'm getting it

The IRS will mail a printed check to the address you provided on the amendment.  There will be no direct deposit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies