Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hyde_john
Returning Member

I am trying to enter direct deposit information for the State of California Return only? Where do I enter the information, I am never ask for it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Tiara808

I am trying to enter direct deposit information for the State of California Return only? Where do I enter the information, I am never ask for it?

The information for your direct deposit should have been entered if you chose to efile your federal return and then the same information should have been transferred to your California return as well.  If you only had to enter it for your state return I would go back and check that your federal return had it entered if you chose to efile that as well.

If you chose to mail your federal return, and efile your state return, it would make sense that Turbo Tax would only ask your direct deposit information then.  If not, go back and check your federal return.  It should have asked you there.  Hopefully this helps.

hyde_john
Returning Member

I owe money on the Federal Return So I am not asked for the Bank Information.   I need to enter it only on the State Return
JDG

E-filed my Federal return and TurboTax 2019 prompted me to enter my banking information for a refund on that return.  Chose to mail my State of Michigan return.  The direct deposit information did not carryover from the Federal return to the State return where I am also getting a refund.  Very frustrating.  How do I get the direct deposit information entered on the State return

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you file, you are not able to change the method you will receive your refund. If you have not yet filed, you can return to the File section of the program. See  the Turbo Tax FAQ for additional information on How to change my refund method.

The only way I have found is to PROCEED AS IF you want to e-file your California (or other state) return — but DON'T go all the way to the end to file it. ONLY go as far as where it asks you to enter your drivers license and then next your banking information. Enter it and then SAVE your file and leave that section of TurboTax. You should then be set to print out your state forms.

TO KatrinaLO:  That's not the question they're asking. They want to know how to enter state direct deposit information into TurboTax when they are mailing their state return after having e-filed their federal return.

The only place TurboTax asks for state banking information is when you prepare to e-file, but if you say you're filing by mail, it never gives you the option of entering the information on your return. I guess you could hand-write it in before signing the return and mailing it.

LRL1165
Returning Member

I have having the same problem with my MI return.  It won't even let me override and input the information on the form manually. 

LRL1165
Returning Member

Thanks, that's the only way I could make it transfer over. 

My Direct Deposit information did not transfer over from my Federal return. I did find a way to enter this information for your state return. Click the Forms button on the top of the page. You will see Forms in My Return. On the left side of the page select Info Worksheet under your State return. Part VII of the information form will allow you to enter your Direct Deposit information.

My Direct Deposit information did not transfer over from my Federal return. I did find a way to enter this information for your state return. Click the Forms button on the top of the page. You will see Forms in My Return. On the left side of the page select Info Worksheet under your State return. Part VII of the information form will allow you to enter your Direct Deposit information.

This was for a Michigan return but it may work for you.

This answer definitely should be upvoted. It solved my issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies