• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbesenyody

I am trying to amend my tax return as I accidentally filed and didn't realize I still had a form I hadn't received yet. That for is a 1099-MISC - I MUST upgrade??

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am trying to amend my tax return as I accidentally filed and didn't realize I still had a form I hadn't received yet. That for is a 1099-MISC - I MUST upgrade??

Yes. In order to file the 1099 it would require you to upgrade to file the amended return. Also just a side note you must send your amended return in by mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes. In order to file the 1099 it would require you to upgrade to file the amended return. Also just a side note you must send your amended return in by mail.

jbesenyody

So I have to pay $89.99 to file one form? That is ridiculous, I just paid $39.99 to file my taxes. Can I use another tax outfit to do my amend?
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes you can choose to file the amend elsewhere if that is what you want. At a minimum you would need the Deluxe version, which is $59.99 to file the federal return.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v