Solved: I am on a payment plan for my 2017 taxes. I am due a refund this year. Do I choose direct deposit still? I want to be sure the money I am owed is taken by the government.

I am on a payment plan for my 2017 taxes. I am due a refund this year. Do I choose direct deposit still? I want to be sure the money I am owed is taken by the government.

You can select direct deposit  in case your refund is greater than your balance, but the IRS will automatically reduce your 2018 refund by any remaining balance on your 2017 tax debt.

Rest assured, the IRS will get their payment.

thank you!!