johnsonfamily132

I am needing to hold off on filing my w-2 for 2016 until next year(2018) ... Is there a form that I need to fill out to cover myself with the IRS and is there a penalty?

Hello ... I am needing to hold off on filing my w-2 for 2016 until next year(2018) ... Is there a form that I need to fill out to cover myself with the IRS and is there a penalty for filling later?

No.  You will incur penalties and interest on any taxes owed if you do not take care of it by the tax filing deadline for 2016 tax returns--that deadline is April 18, 2017.

If you are unable to pay, you could set up a payment plan with the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/online-payment-agreement-application