I am missing my previous years tax information. Will getting a tax return transcript from the IRS allow me to complete my taxes for this year?

rmccourt98

LakeshaLO

Yes, you can request a tax transcript online from the IRS website. In order to e-file your 2018 tax return, you will need the 2017 AGI which is viewable on the your tax transcript provided by the IRS. The transcript is available immediately once you set up an account. Please see this related TurboTax FAQ, Can I get a copy of my tax return from the IRS? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301999

It will not have any state information, though, such as state wages and state withholdings.