Solved: I am mailing in my return after printing out , what does it mean when it says attach first copy or copy b of forms w2 to the front of form 1040a

jrcruz391

I am mailing in my return after printing out , what does it mean when it says attach first copy or copy b of forms w2 to the front of form 1040a

do i need to make copies of my actual w-2 or the forms that were printed out previously

KaseyD

When you first receive a W-2  you will notice there are four exact W-2 forms attached together .Those are each referred to as copy A-B-C-D , or sometimes copy 1-2-3-4. You need to attach either copy A or B to the front of your 1040a form when you mail it in.You can usually find the letter/number at the top or the bottom of your W-2.Each copy is for different filing such as one for Federal,2 for State and local, and one for your record.

KaseyD