Solved: I am mailing in my return after printing out , what does it mean when it says attach first copy or copy b of forms w2 to the front of form 1040a

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrcruz391

I am mailing in my return after printing out , what does it mean when it says attach first copy or copy b of forms w2 to the front of form 1040a

do i need to make copies of my actual w-2 or the forms that were printed out previously
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KaseyD

I am mailing in my return after printing out , what does it mean when it says attach first copy or copy b of forms w2 to the front of form 1040a

When you first receive a W-2  you will notice there are four exact W-2 forms attached together .Those are each referred to as copy A-B-C-D , or sometimes copy 1-2-3-4. You need to attach either copy A or B to the front of your 1040a form when you mail it in.You can usually find the letter/number at the top or the bottom of your W-2.Each copy is for different filing such as one for Federal,2 for State and local, and one for your record.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KaseyD

When you first receive a W-2  you will notice there are four exact W-2 forms attached together .Those are each referred to as copy A-B-C-D , or sometimes copy 1-2-3-4. You need to attach either copy A or B to the front of your 1040a form when you mail it in.You can usually find the letter/number at the top or the bottom of your W-2.Each copy is for different filing such as one for Federal,2 for State and local, and one for your record.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings