I am having to enter a lot of prior year information, such as Home Energy Credits. Using Turbotax all of these years, why isn't this pre-filled from prior tax returns?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelo9

I am having to enter a lot of prior year information, such as Home Energy Credits. Using Turbotax all of these years, why isn't this pre-filled from prior tax returns?

1 Reply
pavlacic
Level 1

I had a problem with prior year information coming over too.  I got a new computer and loaded turbotax 2018 on it along with the data files but not the turbotax 2017 software.  Only some prior year data transferred in.  So then I had to load turbotax 2018 on my old computer start my return on it in order for all my prior year data to transfer.  SInce my old computer was slower I then copied the 2018 data file from my old computer to my new computer and it worked fine.   Quite a hassle though....

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings