schaumburg-gone

I am basically not getting any refund, did Donald raise my taxes.

Marketstar

Almost all of the provisions for the new tax law will not take effect until 2018, the return you will prepare a year from now.

Your 2017 taxes have not been raised.

Marketstar

Your 2017 taxes have not been raised.

No one on Answer Xchange can see your return.  There are are lot of variables that affect your refund or tax due including how much you earned, how much tax you had withheld, your filing status, the number of dependents you claim, your deductions and credits, etc.  You may have lost Earned Income Credit or the Child Tax Credit. Are you 65 or older ?  If so, your standard deduction is higher. Or do you have a healthcare penalty?  The best way to find the difference is to print and compare 2016 and 2017 side by side

And of course, always check your own data entries, looking for errors such as misplaced decimals or extra zeros.

schaumburg-gone

who can tell me why my tax return is not giving me the same return,do I need a specialist
Marketstar

Have you compared 2016 and 2017 returns?