ana-handley

I am Active Duty married and file state income taxes to two separate states since we are not residents of the same state. How can I not make us both owe in both states?

I am filing married joint. But I cannot find where on Turbo Tax to make us file in two separate states. The website thinks we both are filing in both states making us owe money. We live overseas and so have kept our separate state residencies. 

ToddL

This TurboTax FAQ explains how you can file a joint federal return and separate state returns:

How do I prepare a joint federal return and separate state returns?

ToddL